Aquatic Plant Forum banner

[Wet Thumb Forum]-Test Kits.

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Hawkeye 
#1 ·
In your opinion what do you think the best test kits for water perameters and fert levels are?

#7 ·
I've had real good luck with my RedSea PO4 kit. As to NO3, my original AP kit (for the Master kit) seemed to work well. When it ran out, I tried several others that were all bad. So, I decided to splurge on a LaMotte NO3 kit (the 3110).

As to the other kits (pH, KH...), I've not heard of any problems, so I'd say any of them are good enough.

My thoughts,
Brian.

#10 ·
lt's hard to say witch one is best. I have tried so many but I have narrowed it down to Hagen for PO4 and Shechem for NO3. I use
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals for PH and KH/GH. My reasoning is based on cost/accuracy. I think over all the Hegen are best. I like the Seachem because I can test several tanks at the same time. Aquarium Pharmaceuticals are cheap and last a long time. I think I am going to get a Hagen to test NO3 nest time. I have been burned with false reading on PO4 with Seachem all thou the NO3 seems to be all right. BUT getting burned with false reading I have my doubts now using SeaChem test kits.

Hawk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.