Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you get a timer for lights that have push button switches. When the light shuts off, you should have to push the switch on before it will turn back on right? Because all a timer does is provide the light with power on the certain times but doesn't turn them on. Please somebody educate me haha...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How would you get a timer for lights that have push button switches. When the light shuts off, you should have to push the switch on before it will turn back on right? Because all a timer does is provide the light with power on the certain times but doesn't turn them on. Please somebody educate me haha...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe your talking about a fixture that does not have a starter. Basically if you have a starter you just turn the switch to on and the bulb comes on.

With no starter you have to hold the switch down untill the bulb comes on, then you let it go.

To have a timer, you must have a starter.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You turn the light on with the regular switch, then with it left on unplug it from the wall or extension cord. Plug it into the timer. Now the timer allows power to the light, or not, depending on how it is set.

Just for information, for wall switches, there is a timer made that will replace the flip switch. It fits over the flip switch and mechanically flips it. It is made by Intermatic, model E-1020, 24 hour automatic in-wall multiple program timer. Very handy for security timing in places like a kitchen where people would be in and out if they were home. Easy to keep in place when not used as a timer as it has a push on switch.

Or, if I misunderstood the question, what Justin said.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I thought that the push button switches would reset if the power was turned off but i tested it myself and i'm heading to walmart to get a timer. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts