Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been adding 10 ml of flourish And 10 ml flourish iron to my 38 gallon tank 3 X a week and I only get a reading of .25 ppm on my test kit 1/2 hour after dosing. According to the fertilator that should give me over 5 ppm. I mixed 1/4 tsp flourish iron in 4 gallons RO water for a test solution which would give me .97 ppm and tested that and got an appropiate reading, so where is it going in my tank? my other parameters are kh 6-7 gh 9 ph 6.8 lighting about 2.5 wpg 2 soda bottle CO2 flourite substrate Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
739 Posts
Jim, iron isn't very stable in our tanks, a lot of it does indeed become "invisible" to some test kits rather quickly. This doesn't however mean it is gone. I pretty much dose iron weekly, I establish the initial ppm to the desired level and then ignore test results for the rest of the week. As a reference I dose 10ml of Flourish and 10ml of Flourish Iron in my 55 gal tank once a week. Seachem Iron test kit for example measures chelated iron after 45 minutes, this is the test kit I use.

Hope that helps
Giancarlo Podio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts