Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't know if there will ever be a contest where everyone agrees on the results. My favorite was Gomer's algae tank however my criteria for judging that certainly didn't cover all those points Roger just listed, I just liked it and thought it was unique. One thing that did surprise me however was the importance given to maintenance, for example one tank lost points because it used a tiger lotus as this plant would eventually send out a couple floating leaves which would have ruined the look. I'm not sure I agreed with that personally, I liked the look of the lotus there and having them myself I don't feel cutting a couple leaves every month or two is that much of a problem. I guess one needs to know the criteria for judging and be careful not to include elements that would bring the rating down, regardless if you agree with them or not.

But I really would have liked to hear what Amano wanted to say regarding Gomer's tank, but I guess time was an issue as we marched ahead pretty quickly at that point.

Giancarlo

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for that, in reading the comments from the judges I see for example how Oliver's tank was obviously one that fell in this high maintenance group but still won first prize. Perhaps as you pointed out it was just a matter of repeating the same "defect" during the presentations that made it seem like this was a major issue and one that played a greater role in scoring than it actually did.

A lot of great tanks though, hard to pick amongst them all!

Giancarlo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.