Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could have cause this rotala plant stem turn black? The black portion will melt off into 2 parts in the later stage but the plant is still surviving. Anyone come across this?.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
My guess would be that you're lacking something in there. More info on your tank would help in trying to determine possibilities.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I found that this occurs on a few stems of my rotala everytime I trim. The only deficiency I have in my tank is CO2 distribution (I have 260 watts on a 75 gallon, dose EI dry ferts and plenty of excel)...so I think a combination of the two combine for this in my tank. I increased CO2 levels and haven't had a problem since, although ludwigia still melts in my equation......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that this occurs on a few stems of my rotala everytime I trim. The only deficiency I have in my tank is CO2 distribution (I have 260 watts on a 75 gallon, dose EI dry ferts and plenty of excel)...so I think a combination of the two combine for this in my tank. I increased CO2 levels and haven't had a problem since, although ludwigia still melts in my equation......
Yes. It occur only on few stems in the rotala plant. :( I do have a powerhead, but as the plants get bushy they block the flow. Rotala can get very bushy and leggy causing this problems, other plant i dont have this issue at all. I guess is the circulation problem. High flow, my plant sway here and there and also may cause stress to the fauna, but George Farmer uses strong flow for his tank and get good growth without any problem. :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts