Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting this 15 gallon plastic sink for when I do tank tear downs and I was wondering what everybody else uses. The sink is 50 bucks so I just wanted to know if anyone uses something cheaper? I thought about getting some totes from wally world but I think they would bow out from the water.

TIA for the help

JAXON

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rubbermaid makes a black/yellow tote that is incredibly thick. If I were going tote that is the way I would go. I have used a regular heavy tote several times and even over night and worked great.
May I ask what you are tearing down??? You have beautiful tanks.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input I am not tearing any tank down at the moment, but it seems easier than just yanking out all of the plants and re-doing every 6 months. The low tank 100 gallon is going through some kind of funk as I keep losing fish. I am think it is the substrate thats gone bad (its about 3 years old) but I dont know. We have these sinks here at work and the seem to be what I need just looking for everbody else's input.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
$10 plastic bins from Target or any other store. The bowing is not an issue really. 25 gallon size is what I have used to hold fish for months. They come with a lid too.

--Nikolay

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I got a bunch of those Home Depot Orange Paint buckets. They hold a lot of weight and are fairly cheap; about $5 each. When I got my 90 gallon tank, I helped tear it down to move it to my house and those buckets housed the fish and gravel for transport. I use them all the time for cleaning and storing old gravel. I used to use them for water changes until I got my Python system.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting a plastic pond thats 26" round by 15" deep for 25 bucks at lowes. It will work better than (6) 5 gallon buckets everywhere LOL

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
When I moved I used a 5 gallon bucket for my substrate and an ice chest (48 quart) for some water and my fish. The fish stayed alive in there for 2 weeks with just a powerhead circulating the water.

-Dave

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope I never move b/c I have (2) 100 gallons, (1) 150 gallon and a 40 gallon. That would be a super chore.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I hope I never move b/c I have (2) 100 gallons, (1) 150 gallon and a 40 gallon. That would be a super chore.
Yikes! Yes, that would definitely NOT be fun. ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I happen to come across this pond when I went to get some clay pots for the big tank. This pond is gonna be great for Re-Scapes and whatnot... I try and completely re-do(except the substrate) the high tech tank about every 3-6 months depending on how much it turns into a jungle and when I want to devote a whole day to it LOL.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Jackson was at Lowes today and noticed a new storage tub. I think it was 18.00 thick and heavy ribbed side walls very sturdy and heavy. Had a yellow top black body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts