Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had very bad green algae a month ago with my old tank setup.
Since then I have completely changed my substrate to fluorite and gave my whole tank and everything else a deep cleaning with a blade scraper and steamed the rocks I had in my tank.
Only thing I did not change was the water, only about 75% of it got changed.
Now I have added many plants about 3 weeks ago and now I have the green algae growing all over everything again... It grows more each day.
I got to Oto cats and they don't do a noticeable difference.
What else will eat green slime algae or what can I do to get rid of the slime algae?????
My MT-snails aren't doing SH** either...
I also have spot of this algae on the substrate in random place about a inch or so in diameter..

Don't let the image fool you, the Oto did not eat the part you think it might have.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to start dosing my tank today.
I thought I was not suppose to have nutrients in the water so the algae can not grow, that's why I have the plants I do is to suck up all the nutrients and leave none for the algae.

If I drop my lighting , some of my plants might not do to well. I think since I have my tank 1 foot away from the window that might be some of the problem? Maybe I should block the sun from the side of the tank that it receive sunlight?

Yes that is a Badis fish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.