Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum but Ive been on other forums so Im not a total newbie =). Heres my question for you all, what in your opinion is the best substrate or substrate combo that youve ever used? Ive only had experience with fluorite and eco-complete but I would love to hear everyone else's opinion on this as I am planning on planting a 40 gallon and would love some opinions. Thanks =).

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When using more than 1 layer of any kind of substrate dont you get mixing though? With peat wouldnt this mixing be bad? Also, Art where can you get this akadama soil and power sand and what are they? Ive never heard of this substrate, I guess I am a newb lol.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When using akadama soil does it have a lot of dust particles that need to be rinsed off? Also, what size do you use I did a little research and the soil comes in a small, medium and large grain size. Obviously the large grain size is too large at 1/2". Also, does the peat cloud the water in any way and does akadama soil affect any water parameters i.e. raise gH or kH?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.