Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are two of the same type of plant. They've grown slowly under higher light conditions, around 4wpg, and since I've gone to about 2wpg, they seem to thrive a little more. Can anyone identify this plant to the right

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have been helping with this tank since it started. He has a good substrate and the tank get's full ei dosing. It has flourish added three times a week and no other plant is showing a nutrient deficiency. This plant is well and healthy I just think we have the wrong Id, it puts off new leafs and had been growing for well over a month or so in this aquarium. I tried to Id it but I couldn't find anything close, has any one seen any thing close to it?

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Not particularly, no. You could increase the Flourish and/or add some Flourish Iron or perhaps give it a Flourish Tab, Multi Bottom or something similar. The tank looks healthy otherwise. It just needs a little bit of a boost in terms of micros.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
If you feel that the dosing is good for the rest of the plants, I'd keep it for now and try a root tab underneath the crypt. Update us if there's any change in the growth pattern :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
One has to take under consideration an aspect of antagonisms between particular elements in plant nutrition. An excess of some nutrients can cause deficiency of another.

Excess .......... Deficiency

N .......... K
K .......... N, Ca, Mg
Na .......... K, Ca, Mg
Ca .......... Mg, B
Mg .......... Ca
Fe .......... Mn
Mn .......... Fe

Now, that you have another angle to resolve your, obviously, nutritional problem ( to this, muddle your picture with pH and water temperature, as well as particurality of this plant), go figure...

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
All of the crypts I've had so far have done much better when I've put root tabs under them.

-Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts