Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but i dont know where else it would go. When i was looking at my tank today i noticed a bunch of tiny white organisms all over my glass (especially near the water line). They look like they're made of a body/head and two tails that help them move. Are these harmful to my fish? I'm in need of advice.

Here's the best picture i could get of one of them. It's in the center of the picture just below the water line. There's a bubble to the left of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmm.. I think I know what you are talking about, I had that some years ago. I think it's some kind of minuscle crustacean but don't know its name. I don't think its dangerous for your fish.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope your right because now that i'm looking hard at my tank, i'm noticing thousands of them. My fish are in trouble if they are harmful.

·
Registered
478 Posts
yup! i have thousands of those in my shrimp tank along with many other different kinds of bugs. i just threw in a pair of micro rasboras to control the population.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
They are Cyclops, and they are predatory on protozoa, mainly. They move in very rapid jumps, and fish have to be fast to catch them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They are Cyclops, and they are predatory on protozoa, mainly. They move in very rapid jumps, and fish have to be fast to catch them.
Yep i have the same thing in my shrimp tank. Everywhere the more you over feed the more you will have them. I haven't found any fish i can put in the tank that doesn't eat my shrimp that can actually catch these little things:neutral: If you can figure out how to get ride of them please let me know what works for you :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
microrasboras do the job but not as good as i want it to be. i'm going to a lake near my house to get some wild fish then i'll see how they do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts