Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Mine is my gold Angel. She as brought me many years of enjoyment. Angels fish are so majestic & command attention.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
This is tough to choose. My favorite would probably be my female veil marble angelfish. She was part of a pair and spawned many times until the male became aggressive and I moved him to a different tank. She's in my bedroom in a tank that's in front of a window and she likes watching me whether I'm inside or out. She has quite a bit of personality and is mellow for an angel.

I also find myself smiling whenever I watch my yoyo loaches since they are such active, acrobatic, inquisitive guys and seem so joyful darting around the tank, cruising the currents and exploring everything and everyone. They come up to the surface when I feed them and if I hold the food they'll eat it from my fingers. It's so funny seeing 5-7 of them perfectly vertical doing their darnedest to eat what I'm holding before anyone else can get it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Brochis Splendens. I bought my first one at a Petland and I got 5 more at a fish auction. They are really fun to watch and they are nicely-colored.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love my corys and BN's, but I guess my favorite are the rainbow emperor tetras, Nematobrycon lacortei. It's interesting when three or four days go by and I never see them.

·
r'bow lover
1,658 Posts
i loves my nezzie swordtails (Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl). recently bought and bred honey gouramis and im hooked on anabantiods :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Two dario dario and 30 RCS (different tanks)...and my kribs...and angels...

I only get things that I really like.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Unfortunately suaojan, your pic is of Dicrossus filamentosus. Maculatus does not have the lyre-tail. Yours are gorgeous, as is your tank. Very nice.

·
Registered
173 Posts
There's been a lot of fish I really lliked:

Perrunichthus Perruno -- a catfish that was about two feet long with huge whiskers and would let me pet him

Clown loaches -- they always do the craziest things and can defend themselves very well

Chocolate cichlids -- they have so much personality and they have that "love me" look

Synodontis angelicus -- very beautiful and not too aggressive but takes no flack from anything

neon rosey barbs -- very attractive fish, a little obnoxious at times, but very pretty

uaru -- oh, those great big eyes!

cherry barbs -- I like the way they spawn so easily

I could go on and on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 5 congo tetras. Their colors are beautiful. They're fun to watch as they chase one another. When I'm working in the tank and happen to have one hand just above the surface they will jump up and "kiss" my fingers, anticipating food, since I sometimes hand-feed them. They don't bother the Hengel's rasboras.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Kuhli loaches do the craziest things and probably are the fish I look the most forward to seeing in my tank. I don't always get to see them because they like to hide, so it makes seeing them out and about that much better.

Kuhli loaches = boss

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love my clown loaches. Has anyone else ever herd the clicking noise they make when that are happy. Its crazy I never thought that fish even made noises. They are amusing, they fight with my pleco to get some cucumber. Thats fun to watch, niether back down.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have an angelfish that has so much fun he is a little piggy and a beggar. If he thinks the cories might have food he will go down and watch, if they do he pushes them aside.

·
Banned
732 Posts
:wink:This probably will not win any votes on an Aquarium Plant Forum but my favorite fish of all time was a pair of Hippo Tangs. Fresh water fish are OK but Marine fish are spectacular.

The best freshwater fish I ever owned was a group of Archerfish. I trained them to shoot down flies from a jar held over the tank! Really cool!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Oh yeah, if we go to the salt side of things, my Scooter Blenny is one of my all time favorites. He's like a little puppy dog in the tank the way he follows you around and stands up to try to get a better view of what you're doing.

On the fresh side, there are so many that I really like, but I guess I'd have to say my snowball plec is way up there.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
My alltime favorite was my Oscar. It was like having a cat that didn't cough up fur-balls or stick it's butt in my face. Hand-fed and was always interested in what was going on in the living room.

But, since you can't really keep one in a heavily planted tank, my favorite for my planted tank is the little Otocinclus.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts