Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had this pop up in my 2nd high tech planted tank when I switched to intense LED lighting and CO2. The problem was that I had way too many large rainbowfish adding excessive nitrates to the tank. I also made the mistake of adding the strong light before I started injecting CO2. All is good now though!

My fix was this: Removing as many of the algae infested leaves as possible, moving the large rainbows to a fellow hobbyist, cutting lighting back to 6 hours a day for a couple of weeks, and 2 back to back weeks of 60% Sunday water changes. Tank is clean and algae free again! The peroxide will work but you are likely to have the algae come back. I suggest you find the root cause like I did.

I agree, it is some type of green fuzzy algae.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys but I do weekly 60% water changes and light has already been on for six hours it's all on the pervulo grass and I cut the algae infested area but still not getting rid of it will try the peroxide method is it safe for fishes and shrimps ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.