Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently did a 100% water change and set back up my 20 gallon high. It's been setup for about a few weeks now. I currently have 2 bolivian rams, 3 otos, and 5 neon tetras in the tank. What kind of plants should I put in the tank? Right now i'm waiting for a nice piece of driftwood so that I could attach some of my java moss to it, other than that i'll need a bit of help choosing the plants.

I am using shultz aquatic soil mix w/ peat gravel and along w/ my 55 watt flourescent.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Start off (sooner than later) with a lot of fast growers like: Hornwort, Wisteria, Watersprite, Ludwigia repens, you will need these to soak up nutrients that algae also feed on. Later once your tank balance outs you can remove the ones you don't won't and add plants you want to keep. Stay with low light/med light plants and you will be ok.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Yes it would, be careful that it does not block out the light from the plants below.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I currently don't have any plants at the moment. I'm running through aquabid and finding some plants that would look good in my tank.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here are some of the plants I plan to stock my 20 gallon high with.

Glossostigma elatinoides x 1
Dwarf Saggitaria x 10
Anubias Barteri x 1
Red Ludwigia x 3

Possibly some pieces of water lettuce.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
All the plants will work, but I'm a little hesitant about the Glosso. Glosso prefers high light and C02. You can try it and see how it works for you.

Do you plan on injecting C02?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts