Aquatic Plant Forum banner

If you could read only one, which magazine would you read?

• Other...please specify by replying

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TFH is one of the older magazines. I've enjoyed reading it over the years. It has a different feel than FAMA.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Okay, lets pretend you are a newbie like me with not too much money....What magazine would you subscribe to?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi folks,

I wasn't clear enough. Sorry.

OK, APC is putting together an advertising plan. We need to know what magazine you prefer to read as we can't advertise in all of them.

As we can't advertise in the AquaJournal, I'm not including it. I forgot about TAG :oops: . It's going up in the poll.

·
Registered
29 Posts
which mag?

I love to read TFH, FAMA. But the only one I subscribe to right now is Aquarium Fish. In response to Kevin's question, If you have a good quality Bird show (this is where I've found my specials) or maybe some other larger pet type shows, Fancy Publications usually has a booth with two years for the price one specials! They also give back issue freebees of your choice. This is for "Aquarium Fish" magazine. Here in Az I've only been able to find bird shows. The mag is about $28 for one year. And someone please tell me what is the Aquatic Gardner (TAG) and how can I obtain it? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Shannon,

The danger of going to a bird show to subscribe to a fish magazine can't be understated. All those cute cuddly baby birds looking at you and streaming telepathic thoughts into your brain...take me home!

Parrots will change your life like no other pet can or will. I know I have two birds. You can see a picture of the two little guys at my FAQ.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Art,

Two issues.

There is a difference between good magazine for us to read and a good magazine for advertising purposes.

My choice would be TAG as THE MAGAZINE for plant geeks but not the place for main advertisement as most of TAG readers are already aware of this forum.

TFH magazine would be my choice for advertising place but at the same time not the "greatest" magazine for plant geeks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
For a newbie, AFM seems best. The topics are pretty basic, but hey, for around 9-10 bucks(!) I couldn't pass up the subscription. TFH looks good, I've never seen FAMA.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If my German is more polished, I would subscribe to Aqua Planta (edited by Christel Kasselmann). Germany has at least 3-4 established aquaria magazines, all of which dedicate substantial (both in length and content depth) pages to planted aquaria.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jay Luto said:
My choice would be TAG as THE MAGAZINE for plant geeks but not the place for main advertisement as most of TAG readers are already aware of this forum.
THF is terrible for planted tanks, okay for fish. I can find the issue if anyone is interested, Richard Sexton advocated a complete breakdown and bleach of a planted tank is hair algae is seen in the planted tank column, but not one mention of:

a) shrimps/SAEs/Flagfish/barbs, etc
b) nutrient control
c) blackout

All of which should be tried before a bleach-out. What a bunch of crap. He also said ludwigia species are not really red and didn't count as a red plant. I think Ekim sent in a letter to the editor, or maybe it was Tula. Anyhow, anyone the least bit interested in plants is reading either FAMA or Karens column of AFM (I subscribe to both) but maybe those reading THF need the help the most.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 29 Posts