Aquatic Plant Forum banner

What do you keep other than fish?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know what other pets you keep, and please specify what you have... :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Chinese Firebelly Newts (Cynops orientalis)... which are technically amphibians, but you included frogs in the bracketed list, so...

From my childhood up to now, at various periods, pets in my house included:
- a maine **** (we think) cat
- a star tortoise
- a black capped lory
- budgies
- lovebirds
- some songbird (that flew away)
- hamsters
- white mice
- crabs
- lobsters/crayfish
- newts
- fish (of course)

Now I only have time for fish. Would love to get a cat but wifey is afraid of them (sigh). I have a son, so I'm sure at some point we'll be getting small pets for him.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Over the course of my short life (28 yrs) I've kept 5 german sheppherds, 1 English cocker, 1 Akita, 1 Minature Yorkie (my fav!) and 1 chiauaua (Hate that damn dog!)

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Currently we have 3 cats, one of which like to have the occassional drink out of my 29 gal. I've had dogs when I was much younger and love them, but our current lifestyle makes it difficult keeping one.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Ack, I couldn't select more than one.... :p

Two horses - Paint gelding (Zeus), and Quarter mare (Lisa)

Three African Grey Parrots - Howard, Louis and Henry

Two dogs - German Shorthair (Otis) and Sheltie (Dodie)

Okay, I had to add a couple of pics since others are doing it... :wink:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa, that Persian looks scary(aren't Persians really lazy?)...anyways, I have a Tonkinese/Siamese and another Balinese who usually enjoy playing tap on the glass on my fish tank. I used to have a pair of d.hamsters, but my parents made me give them up after they kept breeding like crazy.

Simpte, why did you hate the chiauaua? :wink:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Keep a group of 5 cynops orientalis, 4 I received from someone who was moving and couldn't take em-just for shipping and received 4 healthy animals. Hope they breed in spring!

All my pets are under 8 inches in length :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Only vote for 1? Sucky!

We have Cody the wonder dog, "George of the Jungle" basic tabby cat, we now have Buffy and Willow the mice (Who replaced Jack2 and Jill2 the mice, who replaced Jack and Jill the degus) Plus the hundreds of fish :)

Andy

68 Posts
Hmmm, pets ....

1 Yellow Lab (Bob Dog) glued to me at all times unless there's water nearby

5 Cats:

Louie, a dark grey tiger whose daddy was a wild bobcat

Ziggy, a grey and white persian

Baxter, a black farm cat who is reported to be living under our bed where he ran after bringing him home.

Fluffy Tiger, a big fat orange long hair tiger who basically throws up all over the place when he gets nervous which is generally all the time since we got the afore mentioned lab

Tiger, a big orange tiger tomcat who actually used to be my bud until we got the dog, now he just annoys me on purpose.

All rescues including Bob who came from a puppy mill, we've had them all since babies basically except for Ziggy who came from the nursing home my wife works at.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new here and just started looking around. I have been trying to figure out some kind of direction to go as far as fertilizers are concerned. When it felt like my brain was about to explode, I came to the Bucket to decompress.

And then I found this thread...

I am definitely a dog person, although currently dog-less. Within the past year I lost a black cat that I rescued from work and had for 16 years, a black lab that I got from a rescue shelter who died of a tumor in his throat, and 8 days ago my geriatric chocolate lab finally went to the big pond in the sky :(

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Two male dachunds that squabble constantly, three cats who would rather stay outside than have the dachunds stick their noses up their butts, two rabbits, three girbils, and two salamanders. All of the above my daughter swore she would faithfully care for, but my wife does all the work, of course.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have one cat. Her name is "Kitty". She's a stray who loves to take baths and play in the tub when you're done showering but won't even glance at the fish tanks. Here she is...

...as a baby

...as a teenager who rebels by chewing all cords.

·
Registered
109 Posts
a few

2 lab mutts
3 cats
1 red lored amazon parrot
2 cockatiels
1 guinea pig
3 goats
1 donkey
7 horses