Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear bros,

i would like to get this plant....but what is it called??? amano seems to use it quite often....

and how do i make it grow bushy and horizontally...instead of straight up...

it's the one with the light green colour and on the upper right hand corner all the way down to the middle...

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
That is Rotala sp. "green". It may or may not be a form of Rotala rotundifolia. It is presented on the Tropica site and in Kasselmann.

I've not grown it myself, but as I understand it, its normal growth pattern is more cascading, as seen in that photo. With decent light, you should be able to get it to grow that way too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's Hygrophila polysperma. Amano manages to use that plant better than anyone... I'll bet he has to trim that that tank twice a week, hehe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheeler said:
That's Hygrophila polysperma. Amano manages to use that plant better than anyone... I'll bet he has to trim that that tank twice a week, hehe.
well..it sure does look impressive....

but how does he trim it??? by just cutting away the tip of the plant?? or remove the whole plant and replant only the top??

anyway, i yet to know how to trim plants to the shape i want them to be...from my past experience...my trimming resulted to a messy condition...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts