Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a new cubeish tank (13x13x16) inches with the 16 being the height, the problem is, i have no idea about what plants i would like or need! Please can the informative people on her inform me?

The substrate is eco-complete and the co2 is going to be a nutrafin co2 fermentation set with easy carbo as a additional source to keep a constant level. The hardscape is a small piece of redmoor root and some rocks piled on top of each other.

Im looking for some plants for the foreground, background and the midground. I would like the plants to grow to a suitable size for the aquarium but also cover up 2 internal filters which may look ugly if seen.
The lighting is 1 18watt pl light at 6500k.

Can i have some recomendations for plants please? Ill then be able to google specific plants and narrow down the huge choice i crrently have (I dont know any plants so the huge choice is every plant lol)

Thanks so much in advance

Will

·
Registered
173 Posts
How bout a type of rotala for the background and to cover filters? and maybe some sort of moss?

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
I would go with smaller plants, downoi, Limophila mini, Rotala, Echino tennellus micro. The problem is that you don't have enough light for most plants.

Look under low light plants. Crypts, mosses. I still think you will need more light.

·
Registered
733 Posts
How about Glossostigma Elatinoides or Marsilea Hirsuta for the foreground. Glosso needs high light and you probably will do better with Marsilea as it is a low light plant.

For the midground, you may want to think about Cryptocoryne species.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts