Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a new cubeish tank (13x13x16) inches with the 16 being the height, the problem is, i have no idea about what plants i would like or need! Please can the informative people on her inform me?

The substrate is eco-complete and the co2 is going to be a nutrafin co2 fermentation set with easy carbo as a additional source to keep a constant level. The hardscape is a small piece of redmoor root and some rocks piled on top of each other.

Im looking for some plants for the foreground, background and the midground. I would like the plants to grow to a suitable size for the aquarium but also cover up 2 internal filters which may look ugly if seen.
The lighting is 1 18watt pl light at 6500k.

Can i have some recomendations for plants please? Ill then be able to google specific plants and narrow down the huge choice i crrently have (I dont know any plants so the huge choice is every plant lol)

Thanks so much in advance

Will

· Registered
733 Posts
How about Glossostigma Elatinoides or Marsilea Hirsuta for the foreground. Glosso needs high light and you probably will do better with Marsilea as it is a low light plant.

For the midground, you may want to think about Cryptocoryne species.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.