Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay what do you think I should put in this gap?

Its a 20 long, 55 watts, DIY CO2, ph 6.4, kh 1-2, gh 7-8.

I have rotola indica I could toss in there. I was thinking some redish. Not Ludwigia repens, but maybe.

You can see a full tank photo here.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Repens would be nice, atlest in my tank they get this lovelt red color. But I think my bet would be Ludwigia arcuata, it would add some contrast, is easy enough to care for, and easy to trim to shape.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
For a colorful plant in a tank this size, Rotala rotundifolia (indica) would be a good option. Since you already have it, that makes it your best option. You already have quite a few species in there. :)

That piece of driftwood is a powerful focal point --a little harsh and blocky. I feel that it is a bit out of place.

Carlos

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone input. I think for now I will go with the indicia since I have and I need to stop buying stuff.

Yah that wood sucks but I have not found a piece I like. Or rocks I like. Now that it is getting warmer I can look for some cool rocks that might work in the tank somewhere. Now I just need to finish my little water changer thingy and I can do some trimming and replanting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts