Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to redo my tank. I just got all my new substrate and my new CO2 system in. It looks like Saturday is going to be the big day. Well my tank is set up now and I have a buried piece of 4 inch PVC pipe the runs along the length of the back wall for Ghost to go in. He loves it. The only problem is I can’t plant anything there because my substrate is not deep enough. When I redo my tank I want to take that out, but I still want to make Ghost happy. I don’t really like the small Ghost tubes the sell at the LFS. Any one have any suggestions before I do break down my tank this weekend

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I agree, those little ghost houses are not nice to look at :)

Let's see.. you could create some hideaways with driftwood, of course. The BGK I used to have was perfectly happy in some well-placed caverns of wood.

Or... if you're feeling creative, grab some PVC at whichever length, get a fine hairnet and some riccia or moss. Wrap the PVC in riccia or the moss and secure it down with the hairnet. Over time, the foliage will grow out of the hairnet and stay attached. That'll at least disguise and ugly pipe.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Another option for hiding PVC (or ABS) is to silicon rocks or something to it. This would let you use ferns, anubias etc in addition to the usual mosses/riccia. Someone did it here - just sub a straight piece for the elbow they used and you're good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts