Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

I bought a couple of plants for my 37 gal tank, but I'm not really sure what they are called. I want to look them up and learn how to take care of them.
how do I upload the picutures of them onto here?

·
Registered
525 Posts
go to www.photobucket.com create free account upload images per their instructions then after the upload when viewing your album their will be tags under each pic copy the one with IMG in it and past in forum. Sounds like alot of work but it isnt. and saves APC room and pics are big instead of thumbnail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 2nd one, i got that one for over a year.. this one grows so slowly and doesn't have any roots.. there are only 3 leaves and so far no new leaves =(

i wonder how high the 3rd plant grows up to... still trying to find that out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, how do u guys find the names of these plants just by looking at the photos!!

ya.. i think that is the name of the third plant; it looks more like it. I like that plant too cuz the leaves are transparent.=]

so the 2nd plant grows VERY slowly? i always just thought my lighting is not enough, or have to add fertilizer. The good thing is that its really sturdy even though there aren't any roots and it doesn't turn yellow.

·
Registered
584 Posts
High,

I noticed that these plants are planted in regular gravel, is that right? That may be partially why you are seeing very little growth and no roots forming o the crypt. Also I don't know that the whole spatterdock leaf should be transparent. That sounds more like a deficiency in the plant than it's normal state. Do some research here about the requirements for plants as far as lighting, fertilization and a carbon source (CO2 or excel.)

Forgive me if I am wrong, just trying to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts