Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking around for some driftwood and Im getting bored of the local fish store variety, i.e. malaysian driftwood, african driftwood etc. I have access to some nice manzanita wood but I dont know if it will leach any kind of oil or toxins into the water. Basically Im looking for something that has very fine branches and was wondering if anyone knew of a certain type of wood that can be used.

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can always set up a goldfish tank outside and place wood to see if the fish will do fine with them or not. I think u'r from socal, GO TO THE BEACH! There's massive driftwood storing up at jetties now. I picked up 20 different medium sized pieces just this Friday. If you're interested we could also meet up. Good luck on u'r wood hunt.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey litesky

i am from socal hehe. im more interested in wood that has very small branches and is very intricate unlike driftwood. thanks for the tip though itll come in handy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been using grapevine in my tanks. It looks really intricate, and it branches out nicely. I think they sell it for lizards and such, but my fish seem to be ok with it. (Anyone with more experiance, please correct me if I am wrong)

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts