Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from USPS. I don't use a digital scale to weigh my packages, so one package was 7 ounces over 1 pound that I printed on the Click-n-Ship. They charged me an extra 2 bucks, and said that "if we catch you the second time like this, we'll write you down and refuse to take packages from you."

Just a heads up for anyone who ship on without a digital scale. :smile:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just got back from USPS. I don't use a digital scale to weigh my packages, so one package was 7 ounces over 1 pound that I printed on the Click-n-Ship. They charged me an extra 2 bucks, and said that "if we catch you the second time like this, we'll write you down and refuse to take packages from you."

Just a heads up for anyone who ship on without a digital scale. :smile:
Wow, you really have jerks working your Post Office. I have underestimated weight a couple times and they have always been very nice about it.

I ship quite a few boxes, every couple months, so they know me. Even so, I would complain about their rude behavior.

Are you sure they weren't just messing with you?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wow, that sucks!
My wife sells a lot on ebay and told me that they have been cracking down on package weights. We do a lot of carrier pickup, and read that P.O.'s are starting to weigh picked up packages. If it's over than the paid amount they will charge the receiver, the receiver can then refuse to accept the package and it will be returned to you.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fshfanatic- the person working there wasn't rude. It was just annoying to actually hear what she was saying, then charge me for being a few ounces over. But I guess that's my problem for not having a scale.

rohape- wow P.O. making me speechless nowaday.

·
Registered
185 Posts
They just tell me that the package is over and the amount I need to pay. Lately I have just been walking up and saying that I want to make sure the package isnt over weight for the amount on the label. They tell me yes or no, and then tell me the amount I need to pay.

Sounds like you got to interact with some nice people that like their jobs.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
I used to have a mail order business and any time you would underestimate the weight of a package by a noticeable amount they would just send it back marked "postage due" I've probably had a dozen returned back marked "postage due" out of the hundreds of hundreds of packages i shipped out and never once did they ever mark anything like that on my package signifying that any penalties would occur sounds like that postage guy was just having a bad day. plus i don't think UPSP has the right to refuse service becuase of a simple mistake

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come to think of it, that lady is always on my case. For some reason, she "service" me every single time out of a possible 5 workers.

Last time she told me that she couldn't take my package because my zip code didn't match up to the post office's zip code. For example, the post office's zip code is abcd. My zip code is abce. She said my zip code has to be the same as as the post office's zip code. I mean the two cities are 2 minutes away.

I wish I knew some lawyer friends so I could own her because I don't know much about policy and manuals.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Come to think of it, that lady is always on my case. For some reason, she "service" me every single time out of a possible 5 workers.

Last time she told me that she couldn't take my package because my zip code didn't match up to the post office's zip code. For example, the post office's zip code is abcd. My zip code is abce. She said my zip code has to be the same as as the post office's zip code. I mean the two cities are 2 minutes away.

I wish I knew some lawyer friends so I could own her because I don't know much about policy and manuals.
You need to speak directly to the post master at that station, they are goverment employees and know they cannot be fired but treating a customer like this is BS. have dates and times in your hand when you speak to him...

John

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
You need to speak directly to the post master at that station, they are goverment employees and know they cannot be fired but treating a customer like this is BS. have dates and times in your hand when you speak to him...

John
Yeah, that's total crap. There is NO rule or even the hint of a rule that you can't ship a package at a PO from anywhere other than the one with your zip code. That's absolutely ridiculous!!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I mail stuff from the Kirkwood, MO post office even though I live in Fenton, MO all the time. I would say that by car it takes me 15 minutes to get to work. Never have they said anything about me not using the right PO. You should deff speak to the postmaster about that employee. I hate ignorant people.

John

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How sure are you guys about the zip code rule for post office?
I really want to come up there and talk to her first. If she doesn't solve the problem for me, I'd definitely like to talk to someone in charge. Like I said before though, the thing with her is that she's not rude. She just annoys me with the "rules" that she says.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Maybe my mail people are just cool and yours is an ass but you see what I said. It doesnt sound right to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How sure are you guys about the zip code rule for post office?
I really want to come up there and talk to her first. If she doesn't solve the problem for me, I'd definitely like to talk to someone in charge. Like I said before though, the thing with her is that she's not rude. She just annoys me with the "rules" that she says.
I would confront her with the rule(s) in question. That sounds like complete BS to me. If you are out-of-state mailing something and you want your return address to be in your home state, you can't mail anything there because it is out of your home zip code? That doesn't make any sense.

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
That "rule" is total crap. I talked to the PO guy here and he didn't know what I was talking about. It sounds to me like she is one of those control freaks who makes up stuff that will make them feel important. :der: It sadly reminds me of one of my brothers.

The best way to handle it would be to call her on it if she brings it up again and tell her you know it's BS (in a polite way) and if she still insists, ask to see her supervisor or ask her to show you in writing where this so-called "rule" is. But stay calm and polite while you point out her 'misunderstanding' and try not to make a scene. ;)

-Dave

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Man, the people at my post office are more than happy to take my packages when they find out I've already payed for them.

It sounds like you've run into a disgruntled post office worker. I've met a few in my day and honestly, after hearing the way they're treated by the higher-ups I can't half blame them for hating their jobs. Even so, it's not an excuse to treat customers poorly.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Maybe she thinks your cute and it's just her way of getting your attention? Ask her out, you'll never have a problem again....unless you break up, then your screwed! :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
I bought a CO2 regulator on ebay two weeks ago and received a tracking number along with the order. I tracked it last week and the package was in my zipcode but marked "Undeliverable as Addressed". I contact the seller and he tells me to wait until he receives the package back from USPS for the explanation. I got a message from the seller yesterday saying that USPS returned the package due to an underpayment in postage by $0.47 cents. $0.47?!?!?! USPS spent more money shipping the item back!

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I bought a CO2 regulator on ebay two weeks ago and received a tracking number along with the order. I tracked it last week and the package was in my zipcode but marked "Undeliverable as Addressed". I contact the seller and he tells me to wait until he receives the package back from USPS for the explanation. I got a message from the seller yesterday saying that USPS returned the package due to an underpayment in postage by $0.47 cents. $0.47?!?!?! USPS spent more money shipping the item back!
Yup, that's your tax dollars at work... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.