Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,436 Posts
Recently I've been wanting to get a larger tank. I have a 20 gal, but would like to get something in the 40-60 gal range. I'm thinking about building it, and am contemplating a deeper(not higher) tank than the average size. I'm thinking that I'd like it to be about 3'wide x 16" high x 2' deep. What do you think? I also have 2'w x 1.5'h x 2'd as another option. Do either of these sound like good ideas?
thanks,
Scouter
How well this shape tank will look might depend on where in the room it is located. Against a wall I wonder if it will look right, but as a "room divider" type installation I think it would look great - three sides to look through. A 24" deep (not high) tank gives a lot of room for a light fixture of just about any total wattage you might want. And, the 24" x 36" foot print would work well with pendant MH light fixtures too. Aquascaping it would be a challenge, because you would want it to look right from three directions, but it should be very interesting. It would work very well with a layout featuring height in the middle surrounded by low areas.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts