Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always interesting to hear everyone's interests in music, etc., so I'm just wondering what you have in your CD player/s right now (even if it's a book on CD). No cheating, even if it's not your favorite. ;-)

Our player here upstairs has Gun's and Roses greatest hits in the tray right now, and my vehicle has The Eurithmic's (sp) greatest hits. Nothing like variety, right? ;-)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Do you really want to know, Jan? I have to admit, despite a teen aged / young adult-hood love of punkish bands such as Green Day (which I still love) and Rancid among others, the Backstreet Boys CD is currently in my CD player! Yes, I admit it! I like the Backstreet Boys!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Who needs CD's when excellent public radio is at hand. Currently on is a show called American Routes.

Each week, Nick Spitzer covers vast musical and cultural ground on American Routes, a public radio program based in New Orleans, Louisiana. Hear blues and jazz, roots rock and soul, Cajun and country, zydeco and Tejano... and beyond. Plus stories and conversations with musicians and everyday people, known and unknown. Explore the roots of popular music and popular roots music... on American Routes, from Public Radio International.

This weeks show...

Country Crossover
Blues, rock, soul, and jazz... all with a little twang of country. This show features artists who take elements of the great country tradition, mix them up and make them their own. Nick talks with a living legend of old time country, Ralph Stanley. Also hear an interview and a short live set from young House of God steel guitarist Robert Randolph. Plus a talk with Cajun country elders the Hackberry Ramblers, and the down-home rock sound of the Sadies out of Canada.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
I just bought 3 Doors Down new CD today, so that is currently in my cars CD player.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Hmmm....Jimmy Buffett is the primary group of MP3's on my computer! ](*,)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Wow, what a quincidence (sp.?)... My cd player just broke after it fell off my bed when I was listening to it at night.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I gotta answer this one...

Sesame Street "Songs from the Coloring Book" Show. There are 3 tracks that I like to listen to repeatedly even when my son is not in the car. Also when he is not in the car, usually I crank them up to the max while I'm driving. They keep me "cool" on the road.

My backup is the MP3 CD with Eminem, D12, and LL Cool J. (in case of traffic ;-) )

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd venture nobody knows this band but...... Mindless Self Indulgence.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just checked the cd player - it's empty. However, I'm listening to a local public radio program, "Sacred Classics," while catching up with APC activity.:smile:

·
Registered
106 Posts
On my home system I always seem to have one of Loreena McKennitt's CDs--
right now it's "Book of Secrets" and Jimmie Spheeris' CD from 1972 "Isle of
View." In my car it's Sisters of Mercy "Flood" and "A Slight Case of Overbombing" from the 80s, plus "Revelation" by Fields of the Nephilim.:)
Yes at home I like to mellow out and on the road, it's important to stay awake :)

Bill

·
Registered
567 Posts
In my car I have Ayumi Hamasaki's newest CD "My Story", and in my room I have BoA's newest CD "My Name BoA". I'm an Asian music lover, the only time I listen to english music is when I have people who don't understand the language, and when I get sick of the CD (which is never).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts