Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,795 Posts
I have deleted your duplicate thread.

Please tell us more about your set up: lighting, substrate, how old is the tank and this particular plant?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tank is 3 months old (same with the Lotus plant).
Substrate: AquaClay Ground
Lighting: 2x24W (T5).
All other leaves in this plant seems good.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Are other plants showing similar signs? If so can you post photos?

Are the damaged leaves old leaves only or a mix of new and old?

Can you post another photo of the leaf with the two round holes in it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got "Alternanthera reineckii pink (roseafolia)" where almost all leaves have small holes and not healthy as expected, but this plant is just 3 weeks old and it is recovering slowly.
Where other plants in my tank (Pink Ammannia, Ambulia (Limnophila sessiliflora), Vallisneria) look good and healthy.

Damaged two leaves are new and will try to get more pics tonight when I return home.

One more doubt here, my GH is >21°d, do i need to consider this factor?

Thanks
Narayanan

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Narayanan the lotus holes and damage looks a lot like potassium deficiency. The Alternanthera holes look more like snail damage, do you have nerites? Siamese algae eaters? Plecos? I can't see if the holes have a yellow/brown margin of dead tissue around them from the photo, it just looks like a sharp edge which is usually damage by some creature. The lotus has a necrotic boarder which means it is not caused by physical damage.

Look at these photos for potassium deficiency in tiger lotus leaves:
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/plant-deficiencies/89305-tiger-lotus.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your reply Zapins!! .. any solution to get rid of 'potassium deficiency' ?

N i got lot of pest snails and 1 Zebra Nerite Snail.. I started to hate my Zebra snail- it damage my plants, lot of white eggs on my drift woods !!!:-x:-x

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
I'd remove the nerite first. Then dose the tank with K2SO4 to supply potassium. The leaves with holes and damage will not heal but no other leaves will develop holes once you add potassium.

What fertilizers are you currently adding? How big is your tank?

I made a website that helps people find what deficiencies they have, it is called www.deficiencyfinder.com take a look.

After you add potassium and we confirm that the problem is a potassium deficiency I'd like to add your photos with your permission?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure .. N your website is very helpful..
Mine is 25 gallon (95 liters) tank, i just use substrate fertilizer and nothing else is added for plant growth.

Let me try what you have suggested!!! ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts