Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, am am sure this has been asked but 3 of the tanks on this cylinder are pretty newly setup and I don't want it to go down unexpectidly.:) Aso my window of when I could get the cylinder someplace is small.

When does opne need to refill the CO2 cylinder. I have a 5# with 2, 10 gal. and 1, 15 gallon tanks fed by it. I got the cylinder only 4 months ago but ntil the past few days it has read 850-950 psi. Now the pressure has dropped to 600 yesterday and 550 today but hte temps have not really changed so the drop is not due to the room being colder. When should I start thinking about recharging this cylinder. The regulartor is 2 guage and the clyinder on hes a "refill now" section starting at about 500psi. Should I trust that? If memory servers, CO2 is only liquid over 800 psi or somehting so now all I have is gas. I assume this wont last long, right?

Sorry for such a basic questions:)
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Dennis,
The tank pressure you see when it's full should be pretty stable (with fluctuations due to temp) within a 900-1000psi range. This shows that there's still liquid CO2 in the tank. Once you get below that 900 PSI range you're running on gas pressure only (no longer and liquid CO2 in the tank). How long you have before you go dry once the pressure starts dropping depends on your usage rate, but you're probably looking at a matter of weeks at most. It's probably best that you refill at your earliest convenience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts