Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i had a previous runner where I snipped when it was about 1/3 the size of the mother plant. This case is alittle different this time around. THe mother plant sent off a runner to a plantlet and before it could grow large enough for me to feel comfortable to snip, the plantlet sent out a runner of it's own. So now i'm not too sure when to cut. Should i wait til the newest runner is large enough?

LOL if things keep going this way i'm gonna have to find a new home for some of these vals ;) Now only if my single corkscrew val would do this...then i could replace the cont vals completely. It's only a matter of time until it outgrows my 10gal. LOL

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
I have cut Vals runners apart at various stages of development and planted them with no problems. However it is best to wait until they are about half the size of the mother plant.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
When I had Vals what I used to do instead of cutting runners and replanting babies, I would direct them in the direction I wanted them to go. If you're careful, and the plantlets are small, you can do this without breaking the runner. Pretty soon you'll have a thick forest of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts