Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few varities of plants in my aquarium now. The problem is, it doesn't look appealing where they are (as compared to the photos seen here) I realize that My tank will not look like those as its a community tank that has different fish (bettas, danios, pleco, tetras ect...) My question is is there a site or "rules" as to where not to put plants? (foreground, backround and midground). I would hate to put my plants in places they won't "fit" into. (ie putting a large plant in front of a smaller one) All my plants are relatively small right now.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hi Simpte,

First of all, just because you have a community tank, doesn't mean your aquarium can potentially be every bit as beautiful as a Zen rock garden.

Second of all, as for your plants, without knowing which species you have, we really can't help. Please list your plant species.

You should try reviewing the basics on aquascaping by visiting the 'weekly topic archive' in the sticky posts. If you have any other questions on aquascaping, let us know.

Carlos

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the species are as follows. Vals (not sure which ones but they aren't as big as the Jungle Vals), 1 Wisteria, 2 Aponogetons, 1 Watersprite, a group of anacharis, 1 Banana plant. I want to add more but right now I'm working on getting my CO2 levels up. PH is 7.3 KH 5.5.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The Vallisneria, Aponogetons, Anachris, and Watersprite all get quite tall (you will have to regularly top and replant the Anachris, since its height is infinite) so they go in the background.

The Wisteria and Nymphoides aquatica (banana plant) can be used in the midground areas.

Carlos

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. Any ideas on a ground cover for the front?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts