Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys buy your PC bulbs? LFS? Online?

I was hoping to buy some next month when I place a purchase over at Dr. Foster and Smith's, but they don't carry the Coralife 65W 6700 PC Bulbs (straight pin)! -argh-

Does anyone know of any good deals out there? It would be great getting them locally; less worries of them being damaged.

Any help appreciated! :D

Note: I see Big Al's has it for $25.99 (shipping not included). Better to wait when free shipping is available of course.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
55W / 65W - Day Bulbs <- great site, superb packaging.

There's a $10 off $10 coupon:

Attention Hellolights Customers,

Today through Wednesday (11-15) we are offering $10.00 off any order of $10.00 or more! That's right, $10.00 off $10.00 or more!

Just enter this coupon code during checkout: promo1106

Other great deals:
*All Tek light T5 Retrofit kits include free TRU T5 lamps!
*All Orders over $100.00 include a free Hellolights t-shirt!
*For all you freshwater enthusiast's, 96W 6700K Compact Fluorescent lamps are on sale for $23.00 each!
*Check our home page for more great deals!

As always we will price match any advertised competitor's price.

Stop by and check out these great deals and take advantage of this crazy coupon special!

Thank you,

Hellolights HelloLights.com

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hellolights might be considered local for some - meaning that you could even save the shipping. They're located in Orange right off the 57 freeway.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Christin,
Something else to consider is 55W 9325's.

Otherwise, Aquatic Warehouse has the Coralife bulbs at a fairly high price (but they are local).

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
And for anyone in Orange County, Marine Depot has a will call window so you don't have to pay shipping.

I'd still consider switching to a 55W. You can get the 9325K's, or 6500K, for about $14 each plus minimal shipping.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool! I'll look into that too Mike. Locally would be nice, but the price I know would be higher. That's why I was hoping to do one big order at one place and save on shipping. You know with the holidays coming up, everyone is going to have free shipping. I'm getting a canister filter, plus other items and I need new bulbs too. It would be nice to do it in one big swoop! :)

Thanks again for all the info everyone! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And for anyone in Orange County, Marine Depot has a will call window so you don't have to pay shipping.

I'd still consider switching to a 55W. You can get the 9325K's, or 6500K, for about $14 each plus minimal shipping.
Mike, where is that 55W 9325K bulb at? I didn't see it on the Marine Depot site??

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Nick's got it. Atlanta Light Bulbs has it as well here.

Otherwise, Pet Kingdom has some lights that will work (Look for Helios lights). Commodity Axis sells Helios online as well (here).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok...call me a noob, but is that a straight 4 prong bulb? The "4 Pin Biax" is throwing me off. I got 4 Pin...... I'm not familiar with "Biax". It's making think of 2 axis, so I'm not getting the "straight" alignment idea.....Am I over-thinking this? LOL

Thanks for the links too! :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ok...call me a noob, but is that a straight 4 prong bulb? The "4 Pin Biax" is throwing me off. I got 4 Pin...... I'm not familiar with "Biax". It's making think of 2 axis, so I'm not getting the "straight" alignment idea.....Am I over-thinking this? LOL

Thanks for the links too! :)
Yea, it's kind of weird. Under Atlanta Lighting, the picture is correct. And the model on that Atlanta page matches with the one on LightBulbsDirect, so I'm thinking they're the same bulbs.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
It is definitely straight pin. 2G11 is the designator that tells you it is straight pin. Sometimes it is referred to as "German style", too.

·
Registered
60 Posts

I thought 55W and 65W bukbs were the same thing... Or hats what I was told, a 55watt bulb will become a 65 watt bulb when run off a 65 watt ballast and visa versa.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts