Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know where do people usually setup their favorite aquariums, it might seem weird...but I have mine in my bedroom!?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Raul. I have mine (120l) in my living room above the fire place and I'm starting a small paludarium (30l) in my home office.
Regards.
(I don't think having the aquarium in the bedroom is weird at all, it must be quite relaxing.)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The 55g back at home is in the living room. In fact, it's the first thing one sees when walking into the house. :)

The two smaller tanks in my dorm...

The 20g is right next to the dining table

The 12g cube is right next to my working desk.

Carlos

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Well.....29 gallon cichlid tank in the bedroom along with a betta tank. Then I have a spare bedroom that holds the 75 and another betta tank and a ten gallon. The ten gallon is soon to be moved to the living room after I redo it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think a 'stunning display tank' should better be place in the living room, or in your bedroom?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think it would depend on what fish you have and what goes on in the living room. I wouldnt want my big tank in the living room due to the commotion and surround sound scaring everything half to death ;-)

·
Registered
274 Posts
it's def not weird to have your main tank in u'r bedroom. I'm just like you Raul. I wake up to a lush green planted tank where I just stare at it for maybe 10 minutes if I can every morning. The light's are off by the time I go to sleep, but it's either or. You can set your timer to turn off alil bit after the time you get in to bed. So you can stare at it while you can while your in bed. Now is that sexy or what? ..........

:roll:

haha...j/k guys. I'm sure you kno what I mean. While I'm not married, I'd like the fish tank to be the first thing i see. Just my opinion

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's especially relaxing for people like me...I can't go to sleep easily when I'm pissed or excited about something, so just staring away at my tank as I sleep always calms me down. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
My bedroom tank(though it currently is green) was set up for my enjoyment only. The 46 gallon downstairs is going to be geared not only to me, but also to any guests that may come by(flashier species of fish). After all, besides a fishkeepr, who is interested in heterandria formosa(besides"Whoa, you have some really small fish").

·
Registered
47 Posts
115G is in the Living Room
60G is in the Office
30G is still in storage, but boss gave me permission to set it up at work...
:eek: :twisted:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Call me crazy, but my 46Bow and 75G are both side by side in my bedroom occupying one whole wall across from the bed. Love watching them in the morning on my days off. They keep me in bed for atleast 30 minutes extra unless I am in a rush.

·
Registered
29 Posts
where the tank goes

Hi everyone. When we lived in a small condo, our show tank was next to our dining room table. Family and friends all got great pleasure from it there. Now the show tank is in our bedroom, where my husband and I enjoy it most.Soon I'll be working on a new show tank for the living room
Now where to put it :? shannon

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'm a renter and live in an apartment. Mine are in the bedroom for htat reason. I can see all 5 of my tankd form bed (including the empty 30 gal ont he floor waiting for a home and the 2.5 emersed setup on the bottom of plant stand.

I find that most of my frinds who see my tanks think they are "neat" but I know they find me a bit "dorky" If I had my choice, I would have a nice 15 or 20 long in the living room but my favorites would still be in my bedroom. I find them so relaxing and wonderufl to look at. I like iththat they are not right in the middle of things.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts