Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've become annoyed at the quality of the timer I've been using for my lights. It's really inaccurate and the time it's set to seems to "drift" off of the correct time by an hour or more within a week or two of my fixing it. I looked at about 5 places in town (home improvement and discount stores, mostly) and couldn't find many that looked much better. About 90% of the ones available everywhere here aren't grounded (ie, are only for two-pronged cords) so I don't have much selection for ones that I can plug my PC lights into. I basically chose the one I have because it was the only grounded one I could find that was cheaper than $20. I don't recognize the brand it is.

It's also really noisy sometimes (noiser than my filter) and it's starting to drive me crazy because my tank is situated directly across from the foot of my bed. This is actually the main reason I'm dissatisfied with it.

So is there any recommendation on good brands that don't have these problems? I'm okay with buying a new one since I can just press this one into service on lamps when I'm out of town. I'm considering just getting one of the all-digital ones...but I'm afraid that might reset if the power ever goes out momentarily when I'm out of town since that happens a good bit here. Anyone have a digital one that has battery backup or something?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, I found one of the Intermatic timers and it's blissfully silent and accurate (since it's digital, of course). Now if only I could find one that doesn't block multiple outlets on a power strip...but I guess that's asking too much. Anyway, it's a huge improvement...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts