Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw that one on the members was selling aqua journal #111, and I was wondering if I was able to get a subcription to that catalog? So my questions is, is it possible for me to get one all the way in Japan? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
ADA will ship them anywhere.

Make sure you speed up the process so you get the latest copy which will have AGA'04 review/pictures.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Also I will very soon have a link or method for subscribing to AQUA JOURNAL on the ADA product section of www.aquariumdesigngroup.com. It will be the same price, just a bit "easier" to subscribe than faxing your credit card # to Japan, though that is totally safe and delivery is very timely and reliable. We are also exploring doing (another) english version of AQUA JOURNAL. Think there's enough interest yet??

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IUnknown said:
And pick up a copy of SUIKEI (single issue). That one is actually worth the money.
What is that?
I think I'll email Nozomi in Japan. Damn thats a bit steep, but I guess worth it!
Thanks for the replies :).
Hey Jeff, when do you think you'll get a confirmation of the english version AQUA JOURNAL? You know if that happened, it will be the #1 magazine amongst us aquascapers.

·
Registered
886 Posts

Its just another magazine they put out. I think it was $12 for one issue. It has 3 setups that they go through. The AGA translates some of the aquajournal articles. Add my vote to translating aquajournal though.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know who publishes or the company who publishes the Aqua journal and Suikei? Is it by Amano? Thanks again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
They used to have an english version a couple of years ago that I picked up from Barnes & Noble, but I imagine the cost and lack of interest shut it down.

IUnknown said:

Its just another magazine they put out. I think it was $12 for one issue. It has 3 setups that they go through. The AGA translates some of the aquajournal articles. Add my vote to translating aquajournal though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dmartin72 said:
They used to have an english version a couple of years ago that I picked up from Barnes & Noble, but I imagine the cost and lack of interest shut it down.
Those were the few issues (#33-#38) published by Vectrapoint in Singapore. Didn't come out very regularly and they were hard to find.

http://www.vectrapoint.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
I know that these things are hard to come by. I have some extra mint condition Aqua Journals that I would be willing to sell. First come first served. Buyer pays shipping. Most are in Japanese and I have 2 in English. PM me if you are interested. I listed the volumes available in the FOR SALE/TRADE section.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
ADA (Amano's company) also publishes another magazine, Do! Aqua. It's about the same dimensions as the AGA's Aquatic Gardener, but not as many pages. Do! Aqua has highlighted some things in the past such as ADA's equipment, some of the techniques for planting, a step-by-step progession contest on planted tanks between two people, etc...

HTH,

Walter

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts