Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really wanting a 20-30g rimless for my next scape and no idea where to get them, anyone know?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sai Dee, where are you located?

I luckily have a LFS here in San Diego that has a "tank guy" that can make any size rimless you want, black silicone and all. Though I'm even more excited they are going to be caring ADA tanks, and products very soon as well. (no shipping costs!!!)

Check with you LFS, they might know someone who makes custom tanks.

Todd

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm with the removing the trim via razor camp. It takes time but is the cheapest. I recently did this on a 20g and am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think the ADA tanks are beautiful........ly overpriced. ADA has become almost a religion in the aquatic community. Like they have some mystical properties which no other can duplicate. If I had the money I would be all over the ADA products, but to setup 1 of their medium cube gardens I could completely setup and stock 3-5 "standard aquariums".

Now I'm not hating, as I love their stuff, very inspirational, just constantly shocked at the mark-up.

I think DIY is the future of these rimless tanks. I personally believe that anybody can make a decent small tank, rimless or not. I am going to look for a glass cutter today and see myself how much of it is "specialized craftsmenship" and how much of it is marketing hulabahoo.

Once you get this setup off the ground, check out http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/ for some very Amano-esk glass works at half the price. They're also a forum sponsor:supz:

If Glass Cages would ship to Oregon, I would buy from them instead.

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
http://www.fishtankfactory.com/ is another good source of rimless tanks. I have seen one of theirs, and a couple of Glass cages tanks. Glass cages runs a distant second to Charlie's. They use very nice ground bevels on their tanks, neat thin silicone joints, and they will make any size you want.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hoppy,

Do you know if Charlie will ship his tanks? Glasscages will only ship to certain areas, otherwise you have to drive somewhere that they will be and pick it up. Not overly fond of that option myself.....

Irish

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Charlie's looks great, would definitely buy from if they weren't on the opposite side of the states...... I been looking at glass cages but the delivery rate drowns the great prices a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts