Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Gomer,

In the last few days I've been looking for the exact same thing! It is not available at any big hardware store, but I have not asked about any special ordering.

The closest thing to that aluminum shape that I found was a door threshhold, a door step that is about 8 inches wide and curved but not too much.

I actually managed to build an obscenely cheap reflector/hood using galvanized tin. It's used for roofing work and it comes as an L shape with about 1-1/2" sides - $1.30 for 10 foot long piece. It can be cut with household scissors but it makes a rigid hood.

I will post pictures later today of what I've made. If you want to go this route the expense is ridiculous - about $3 total for two 36" long reflectors accomodating a 96 watt PC each. In my opinion the reflectors look very descent.

Still, if you locate a source for the nice aluminum stuff, please post it here.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Folk,

I just posted pics of my new DIY reflector/hood that I mentioned before. Check them out in the separate thread called "$2 DIY light hood"

--Nikolay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.