Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which foreground plant is the fastest growing plant? please share your experience... :lol:

thank you so much,

Tim

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have only used parvula hairgrass, Amano and Florida Aquatic Nurseries tennelus, and glosso as foregrounds. Glosso is the fastest by a long shot. The tennelus's grow fast but glosso is downright annoyingly fast. Althought i like it more than anything else look wise i am just not man enough to slow it down. I think if i would get a baby to lay down in my tank for a week glosso would engulf it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've tried several a few foregrounds, I'll list them in order from fastest to slowest:

Glossostigma elatinoides
Echinodorus tenellus (the huge one from FAN) and Ranalisma (equally fast)
Marsilea quadrifolia
White sand ;)

Currently working with micro tenellus, E. acicularis, and java moss as a foreground. Let's see how those fit into this scheme.

Carlos

·
Registered
106 Posts
for me, these few are the fastest

Glossostigma elatinoids
Marsilea Crenata
Saggitaria subulata

slowest

HC for me and Downoi for some. :)

Cheers
vincent

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vincent, I doubt the folks here know what you mean by HC. I think you should refrain from using short forms unless internationally recognized. By the way, the HC that vincent mentioned means Hemianthus callitrichoides.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well, it will die under normal planted trank conditions won't it? Or will the leaves just grow a little higher?(maybe that would be godo for mixing as it would look more natural).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Riccia fluitans
Glossostigma elatinoides (my favourite with high light & CO2)
Hairgrass is pretty fast when prune regularly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts