Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I've had a bit of a GSA issue on this high light tank. I've about got that sorted out, but once I started scrapping the GSA off....a white cloud has remained on the inside of the tank glass. Never had this issue before until this on-going GSA battle. Here's pix:

Its not hard to see the razor scrapping effect. I've tried to scrape the white cloud off with a razor after removing the GSA. It can be done, but seems like a heck of a job.

Anybody know what this is and, more importantly: How to get rid of it?

Thanx!

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
It looks like hard water stains, ie calcium buildup. Have you tried a soft scotch brite type pad? or Wonder if it's just minute amounts of algae?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought for a second that this was about minnows :confused:
Nope....no minnows this time.....:rolleyes:

It looks like hard water stains, ie calcium buildup. Have you tried a soft scotch brite type pad? or Wonder if it's just minute amounts of algae?
I haven't tried scotch brite or anything other then a razor up to this point. I have a GSA issue in this tank, but I think that I've about got that sorted out. Not yet, but getting there. That said, I've had a slight GSA return....very slight atm, but what I've noticed is that the GSA that is there--is only on the clouded areas. There is none on the cleaner/clearer areas that were better scraped. I don't know what that means yet, but it's another clue to whooping the GSA.

Personally, I think it's going to come down to scraping/scoth brite or something to that effect. This may sound crazy, but atm I'm not really looking to get rid of it--but I would like to know how and/or what it is, so that when I am ready....it won't be a problem cleaning things up.

The reason that I don't want to get rid of it is because it is GSA related. I don't like masks, band-aids, etc....I want to whoop the stuff, so that I don't need any band-aids, etc. ATM it's my final frontier---I must whoop this algae. :rolleyes:

Thanx for the reply, Tex Gal. That's what I'm wondering now too. Maybe it's the algae "roots", bedding, foundation, spores. I don't know, but that's why I don't really want to get rid of the cloudiness right this minute.....there's some kind of connection there. It came from the algae. It wasn't there before. And now the GSA grows there first. Hmmmmm....I'll keep thinking about this, but if anybody has any thoughts, info....Please share....

Thanx!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts