Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone identify some small white cyst like growths I have found on my tank glass. They are about 1mm diameter, oval and flattened. Rhey are about 1 to 2cms apart on the rear wall of the tank. I have seen about 15 of them. My tank is 125l and has cardinal tetral, ruby barbs, dwarf rainbow tetras and an RTBS and zebra nerite snails.

Everyone in the tank seems fine and healthy but what are these growths? Anyone know???

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
are they growing?if they arent growing they could be3 the nerite's eggs they arent viable in freshwater but they sure lay them like hecka crazy

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't seem to be growing, they have been there about a week I think. I must admit my first thought had been snail eggs as I only got the snails a couple of weeks ago, but I had heard that they didnt breed in aquariums, but youv'e just answered that one for me! Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thats what they are you can chip them off the class with your finger nail or they will eventually disintegrate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.