Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 gallon tank that contains one male dragonscale betta, 2 dwarf frogs, and one khuli loach. I have had it up and running with little to no problems from about a week. Other than a reddish tint to the water from a piece of driftwood, does anyone know of a fast way to get rid of the coloration? Yesterday I added a netrile snail and 3 ghost shrimps. Today when I woke up and checked the tank I didn’t see any shrimp, checked a few more times and still don’t see any. Thinking it was either the frogs or loach since they were in there yesterday afternoon until last night when I turned the light off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 10 gallon tank that contains one male dragonscale betta, 2 dwarf frogs, and one khuli loach. I have had it up and running with little to no problems from about a week. Other than a reddish tint to the water from a piece of driftwood, does anyone know of a fast way to get rid of the coloration? Yesterday I added a netrile snail and 3 ghost shrimps. Today when I woke up and checked the tank I didn’t see any shrimp, checked a few more times and still don’t see any. Thinking it was either the frogs or loach since they were in there yesterday afternoon until last night when I turned the light off.
Shrimp are REALLY good at hiding, if you ask me. I have a couple, rather large, amano shrimp in my 10, and I didn't see them at all the first week. I assumed they found a way out or died. But eventually they came out and only one had passed away.
Definitely could have been your Betta or frog, but maybe just give it a bit. They could be shy and hiding

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shrimp are REALLY good at hiding, if you ask me. I have a couple, rather large, amano shrimp in my 10, and I didn't see them at all the first week. I assumed they found a way out or died. But eventually they came out and only one had passed away.
Definitely could have been your Betta or frog, but maybe just give it a bit. They could be shy and hiding
You are correct I hardly ever see one but here and there! Thank you for the response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts