Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and a happy new year to all :p

As in the topic, yes I wonder why is this happening to my Anubias and Microsorum varieties? As you can see from the picture, my anubias (on the driftwood and on the corkbank behind) have grown incredible amounts of roots (some are very thick and long) which makes the plant very unsighty just like the microsorums behind and left of the anubias on the driftwood. Microsorums are much more unsighty as they grow to many new plants with very ugly brown roots which is about to convince me getting them out of my tank.

Tank is newly setup (1 month) and the plants are from the previous setup where there were no such problems.

Any comments from the people having the same problems and knows the possible reason for this will be greatly appreciated.

YILDIRIM

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
This is normal... You can either cut the side roots off or plant another plant in front to hide these side roots. The Anubias is the exception the roots are attaching to the driftwood to anchor the plant down, so do not cut them.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
After a while root growth will slow down, and the roots will turn green and become much less noticeable. Also the new leaves produced will cover up the roots eventually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts