Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More spam from this "vendor". I have tried to ban them but can't. I thought we had solved this problem back in July.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I read the rules for vendors, and I couldn't see what they are doing that is against the rules??? I probably just skimmed over the boring rules and missed it.

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is that their posts are only occasionally aquarium related. The one I just deleted was general pet supplies (dogs and cats) and in the past they have advertised housewares, furniture, etc.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
They should get a vendor forum and put their posts there. I see the problem when they put their posts in the General forum. Don't they need to pay to get a vendor forum?

·
Registered
57 Posts
We had them spam BC Aquaria in the last couple or so days too. I believe they have paid Vertical Scope (the owners of a number of forums) for ads. I’m a mod on BC Aquaria and I couldn’t ban them or their IP (I also believe their content is irrelevant). The times are a changing!

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, CRS. Yes, it seems they have some kind of agreement with Vertical Scope but no one will tell us the terms. I will continue to delete their posts until someone takes away my moderator card, lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an admin menu I can do stuff like that from. Also kinda doubt he had a legit agreement with anyone.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Cavan is a SORCERER with magical powers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Damn, I was waiting to hear from the team on my side that handles that account.

Wiseguide Deals is legit, it's from us. It's supposed to be going in the Vendor Deals section, but is done by an automated posting plugin, and I guess they have it incorrectly set up to go into the General Discussions section.

I'll leave things as they are for now while I wait for the team on my end to look into this

Kevin

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Bumped on my end and got a response. I was correct that the automated posting tool had been incorrectly set up, and for the time being this site isn't going to be getting any more posts from it

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bumped on my end and got a response. I was correct that the automated posting tool had been incorrectly set up, and for the time being this site isn't going to be getting any more posts from it

Kevin
Thank you. Our membership is very vigilant about reporting spam. As a moderator, it is very frustrating to unable to stop spam from a "legit" source.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts