Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little new to the planted aquarium but I have had a little success in growing my plants.

I have 3 20g tanks and one 5g.

I use regular gravel in one tank,some success.
Another tank I use Laterite and semi fine gravel with good success.
But the best tank is the one that I put regular old dirt from my yard in it (lol). I dont know why it is the best but it is.

So if i redo the other tanks it will have good ole yard dirt in it lol.

My only real problem in my tanks is BBA which I think is because of the high phosphorus in the tap water (except the one with the yard dirt,no BBA :confused: )

·
Registered
581 Posts
Welcome aboard. I am new myself! You should learn alot here.

MTS (multiple tank syndrome) is contagious...lol

Also, do you have any fish in the one with just yard dirt??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I just have some Zebra Danios in it. I know that sounds cheeze but danios are one of my favourite fish.
They actually play with one another (tag ,,,,,,you are it) lol. Fun to watch.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Heck no....those are awesome fish. I have 6 tanks total and one of my 20 longs have nothing but danios. I love those guys, fun to watch and even better when you see all the little fry that they have joining in for the fun.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome to APC!

I agree, there's nothing wrong with keeping "back to the basic" fish. Sometimes people forget how nice they are when they are in the constant quest for that newest rare fish. I keep quite a few of the "oldies but goodies" myself. :)

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Welcome to APC :D

All tanks are different, even if you set them up exactly the same way. So have different issues with each tank is a common thing. If you ask your specific question(s) in the appropriate forum you will get more views along with more responses.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome Fred,

Danios are fun! They're always glad to see you - LOL, especially when it's time to eat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts