Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a very very long time I didn't set up any new tank, but The Lunar New Year is coming, so I set up this tank, just for relax;)
I'll show you all the steps in this thread, and love to hear you comments and suggestions, I need to improve my layout skill so much^^
Here is it:
1-The Driftwood: a gift from my friend, I really love it, just fantastic:cool: this time I try to find out a layout that fit with this driftwood...

2-I decide to use Aquabase<from Ferka> to set up, so I must wash the gravel...There're 50kg of gravels, and I must wash all of them, little by little..ARGH..really dun like this [email protected][email protected]

3-This is a mixture of gravel, Aquabase, and water..and its smell is..eeew...dun wanna talk a bout it :rolleyes:

4-almost finish the base :D

5-place the driftwood in, and add the water..since I have some anubias in there,ading some water will help them not to dry too fast..this is what my tank look like when water was adding in^^

6-Adding plants ,placing moss and fern on the driftwood, this step is so much fun, one of my friends helps me in this step

7-Adding more water, okie, almost done

8-And done:D this is my 1-day-old tank :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
continue..

I cut my journal into 2 part, so that you can read it easier^^
For the update:
3 days later:

1 week later: I decide co change, and add some more plants:

2 weeks later: the water is clear^^

I know it's so soon, but I wanna have some fish there, here I have green neon tetra, and another little fish I dun know ID. You know, I's very difficult to capture the Green neon tetra, especially when they swimming around and around..ARGH.

I love this kind of plant, in my country, people call it "Sunset"...ooo..how I love this red:D

A little corner in my tank that I love the most, just like the old path, with wild flowers're blooming everywhere^^

Oh, Forgot this: HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYBODY :D:D:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice tank.
this year look like great year so I saw a lot nice tank from our city
I love ur tank but I think sunset is is not good option, it's look cute but it grow to fast

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sunset (hygrophila polysperma) is a bit hard in the foreground. I think Ah Pek Plant (elatine triandra) would look good with this layout.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Stev: I knew it^^, but I'm confused between elatine triandra, HC and hair grass. I'm not gonna remove sunset, but I'll cover the ground with one of these plants..anymore suggestion :)
P.S: hey I'm Hoang Quan in DA, and it's so nice to see you here, comment in my thread:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
The other little fish you couldn't ID is Borora Merah, or at least looks like one :)
Nice start! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The green neon tetra and cardinals are totally different fish but in some aquarium and in yours, they seem like they only have one streak of extremely beautiful neon green on their body, where is half red part on their body?

yeh your tank look sweet by the way. My uncle just came over from VN, and I am so jealous of how cheap the fishes that are being sold over there, like discus and cardinals. But people seem to be into rare, agressive, mean fish instead of fishes I named above.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@all: my Green neon tetra don't have the half red body^^, they exactly look like the photo I take. all their body in light grey, with one neon green in the middle^^.
I see that only Cardinal tetra and neon tetra have the half body red.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
This is a lovely tank. The left side with the path, arch and plants tucked around it is wonderful. The right side seems a bit bare though. Are you planning on adding a foreground on the right side? Or maybe a mid-size stem behind the wood? Overall, I like how you've done this tank.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@JDinh: so sorry for it, but maybe no way to change all the forum into English^^
@Zq: Guesst who?haha
@Cs_Gardenner: this layout is not what I want^^, I'll adding some plant later. About the right side of the tank, I have some mid-grond plant..but they grow too [email protected][email protected]
Wait for my update, about 1 month later, everything'll change:D:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hic hic,Aquabase from APT ,tank from APT too,Filter jebo 508 :D
OOOOOOOPSSSSSSS,that house looks familiar................but :( Chả biết ai cả,nói zQ. nghe đi mà :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Cratchzone: Just wait for the right time...wait for the right time...:sing:
P.S: How can you find me out?:bathbaby:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts