Aquatic Plant Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
@apistaeasy: I've checked it out, my Ludwigia is L.arcuata^^, may be the leaf is a littile bit different , but that's it! this is the pic I search for "Ludwigia arcuata" on google, and those plants look exacly like my ludwigia^^

@donaldmboyer: I use them as background, but I'll try to take clearly pics of them for you, love to hear you comment!:)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
No, I know you use it as a background plant.....in your last shot of the tank on the previous page, I see a really, incredibly red color towards the left, but it is hard to make out what it is exactly from the angle that I see it. All I am saying is that it would be nice to see more of it, especially with the beautiful dark-green colour of the java moss. The brilliant red behind that left piece of wood would look absolutely stunning!

·
Registered
464 Posts
As for those plants.. have you looked up Ludwigia brevipes by any chance?? they definately dont look like L. arcuata.. the leaves are really a little too big.

Oh and almost forgot.. sweet tank.. try triming the back plants at a point below the wood so that when they branch and grow out... it will look much denser.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Agreed, the sand looks amazing. I love the color balance you have achieved and the driftwood looks like a nice bridge across the sand. I love bettas and it's nice to see a native one, my mom used to catch them as a little girl in Vietnam. And i think your tank is my favorite tank so far!

Kristen~

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
I really love the peek-a-boo effect of the driftwood and the bright reds behind it. It's as if you're walking beneath an arbor into a garden.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts