Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my glosso from a fellow aquarist five days ago. Some of the glossostigmas are turning yellow, others are turning transparent and clear. I heard that glossos thrive in soft water with high light and CO2. Well, I have a constant KH of 7 degrees, a constant pH of 6.8, so the CO2 level comes out to be around 15-25 ppm. Temperature is around 80 farenheit. I have 45watts of normal flourescent above the 10 gallon. What's going on?

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom,
I just added another 15 watts to the 10 gallon. Now, the total wattage is 60 wattts of flourescent light. I'm trying to develop a fertilization routine but my nitrate test kit is not working right now. It's a Red Sea. Bought it a month ago, now it doesn't work anymore. As of this moment my parameters are:

pH 6.6
KH 7 degrees
Phosphate 1ppm
Nitrate- don't know yet, probably around 30 or 40 ppm because I dumped a large amount into the tank.
Temperature- 84 farenheit.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the glossostigmas have been in the tank for a week now. Some of them seems to be growing but I still have not seen any runners yet.

Dennis,
How long did it take before your glossostimgas started putting out runners?
-Lam-

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, you guys have grown glossostigmas, so i will definitely take your words for it. I know it takes time and every tank is different. I remembered seeing a post in a forum in which a guy planted his glossos and three weeks later, the bottom of his tank was covered with glossos. So, I hope my grows, because I would love to have a carpet for this 10 gallon.
-Lam-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.