Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is noxious spam, and moderators cannot give an infraction. If this was a normal post, I would ban the member in a second. This bot DOES NOT deserve protected Vendor status.

I will continue deleting the threads as I see them.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
This is noxious spam, and moderators cannot give an infraction. If this was a normal post, I would ban the member in a second. This bot DOES NOT deserve protected Vendor status.

I will continue deleting the threads as I see them.
hmm im confused
So a bot got a vendor status?
but how?

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Wiseguide.com is one of our companies accounts. The only section it will be posting in is the vendor deals section of the site. The account does have mod status in case they need to edit something but the likeliness of them logging into the forum to do so it very low. They use a mass post tool (we use it to announce things to staff and the community) so they would likely edit through there.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
If they just advertise aquarium related stuff I doubt that any of us would object, but what they did advertise was stuff for all pets.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Wiseguide.com is one of our companies accounts. The only section it will be posting in is the vendor deals section of the site. The account does have mod status in case they need to edit something but the likeliness of them logging into the forum to do so it very low. They use a mass post tool (we use it to announce things to staff and the community) so they would likely edit through there.

Ed
So this is what you guys have been working on?...

Not actual problems us devoted members arise with you all?...

Good to know.

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly! If any of it had been even vaguely aquarium related it might have been tolerable.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Also tell your marketing team to advertise relevant ads, ie fish and aquarium products. It'll be more effective. Advertising 101?
If they did that i'd actually disable my ad blocker for this site. I have it disabled on UKAPS because UKAPS for example shows relevant and (honestly, really good) aquascaping advertisements.

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Yes, I can bring the feedback up regarding this.
It was most likely only for prime day.
If it occurs again let us know.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
So i have a general questions because i feel that there are more people volunteering/employed here than i should have thought- the way everything is being worded at least ("team").

Who exactly works for APC?
like who is APC_Admin?
Who's the marketing team?
Obviously the mods, we all know them :)

Is there anyone else? Do the people who work for / volunteer here aquascape?

Just curious because honestly it sounds like you guys have a big operation going on lol never thought of it that way.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
APC is owned by a corp called Vertical Scope. They're in Canada I think.
They buy up as many popular forums as they can an advertise on them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts