Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Could I add one tiny, meek, humble little suggestion/question to this post so I don't have to start a new one just for this little thing? Thanks... :wink:

Do you think the shoutbox is used enough to justify the extra load time it takes when you log in? It really isn't a problem for me with the satellite connection, but I could see it taking a while extra for someone with dial-up.
At least that's always one of the things I see when the page is loading - "waiting for shoutbox".

It doesn't matter one way or the other to me, but I was just wondering. :) Like Art doesn't already have enough to do.... :oops:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Art_Giacosa said:
Jan, thanks. The shoutbox was added to give people a voice that would be seen by all on the Index page. It also allowed for general announcements that we didn't need to have on the Portal page. Lastly, initially, it allowed me to continuously pester people about voting for us on a daily basis. :twisted:

Once we get through the Plant Auctions, I'll see if there are many people that don't like and we'll make a decision.

Thanks for bringing it up.
It certainly does have an important function then.
Disregard.... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.