Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have always, happily, kept Duckweed as a treat for Goldfish but I have, either been fortunate or never noticed the various Wollfias. Once we (myself and friends) did not appreciate Hornwort but I have since been told that UV gets rid of it. The plant was great in a tank but any small piece regrew very fast and became a pain.

I do not have any sure methods of getting rid of Wollfia (try the UV, if you can) but it's green and growing so just net it out and throw it on the Lawn or flower beds while you count your blessings for the growth and the fact that it's not Algae. Otherwise get a few Goldfish and keep feeding them the unwanted green stuff. Also do lots of water changes. Any natural treatment such as the net is superior to any chemical even though it may seem as if the chemical is easier.

·
Registered
406 Posts
CaptNemo sez just about anything eats it. So...

We have lots of snow on the ground here too and single digit temps but Spring is coming, count on it. Anything can be dumped in at least one spot until the snow melts and recovers the green stuff and as soon as the temp increases a bit the natural bugs wiil break the stuff down.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am partial to Goldfish but feeders are lousy with bad stuff and get very large very fast and live a long time and you said you did not want to go that route. The temp shouldn't be a problem though.

A few small, inexpensive, fish and a net seem to be the answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.