Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
I think it is quite rare to see wolffia in the aquarium, so you might count yourself lucky.

To get rid of it, simply keep netting it out. It will take a while, maybe a few weeks, but it will eventually be removed. This is the only surefire way to get rid of it that won't harm the rest of your plants.

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
The UV bomb sounds fun ^^ like something out of the movie Blade.

Why not try sell some of it on the for sale section of the site? I'm sure someone would like some. A lot of people breed fish and Wollfia would be a great cover, or food for certain fish. Since it isn't too common I think people would probably buy it.

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
I have a suspicion that duckweed can also set seeds and survive long periods of time being dried out. I had a 10 gallon tank with duckweed that I was using to breed killies and then I let the water completely evaporate and the plants die off. A year and a half later I filled it with water and the duckweed came back to life! o_O

I'm not sure if wolffia does this as well though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.