Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Description: * UNBREAKABLE HEATER
* Controlled by micro computer with high precision of ±1°F
* Chemical resistance of titanium is very good service (no effect-excellent) against sodium chloride (NaCl) - SALTWATER
* IC means integrated circuit
* Titanium heating tube
* Fully submersible
* Automatic protection device activates when sensor wiring is disconnected or shorted.
* Double heating tube
* Very durable & reliable
* Safe & easy temperature control
* Aquarium IC thermostat uses IC to control the heater to adjust desired aquarium temperature
* Operating temperature range: 68º F to 93º F
* Ideal for SALTWATER & FRESHWATER
* Available sizes are: 50 watt, 75 watt, 100 watt, 150 watt, 200 watt, 250 watt, 300 watt, 350 watt & 500 watt

View attachment 81

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have 2 of these heaters: 200w and 350w. Both are excellent, unbreakable and dependable.

I use the heaters to warm resevoirs of water at water-change time. Hence, they get some rather rough use - but they survive.

I recommend getting the models with the LCD meter which idicates what the temperature is at the sensor point.

Andrew Cribb

Rating10
ProsLCD meter, reliable, unbreakable
Consnone
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
I\'ve tried many heaters, and at first this heater seemed very nice. The longer I\'ve used it the more unstable it\'s become. The temp just keeps wanting to climb, even though I keep trying to turn it down.
Lately I\'ve been hearing story after story about malfunctions, and fish/plant loss with them.
IMO, it\'s not worth risking an entire tank of fish or plants to have them boil.

Rating3
ProsTitanium
ConsUnreliable, poor controls.
Would you recommend?no

·
Registered
1 Posts
I almost lost a tank full of my little baby frogs(ADF),
went to sleep last night, temp set to 77 like always,
woke up to it at 81 and climbing. (my room temp is 68)
The dial was not touched, and the setting was still at
75-77 area, and the heating light was on...
I adjusted the dial and now it seems to be working again,
but the last thing I need now is frog soup, you know...
It\'s a really cool heater, I just wish it was
more reliable....it worked awesome the first few months....If I was away for a few days and this happened, my little buds would have their goose cooked.
Now I need to decide what to do, get Visitherm or Ebo Jaeger....?????

Rating3
ProsTitanium...awesome! but....
ConsIC temerature control a bit fishy...Frog soup imminent.
Would you recommend?no

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have several aquariums and never ever had a problem with a heater till this one <then again this is my first Won Pro Heat 350 watt. I woke up to find the temp. @ 89 degrees and it was set to the lowest setting possible. Rather than to have to pay shipping to send this back and more shipping for them to return it, or another one that might do the same thing. Its best to get a cheap one from Walmart.

Rating1
Prosworks fine for awhile
Consafter using for about 6 months i almost cooked my fish
Would you recommend?no

·
Registered
238 Posts
I purchased this unit because I liked the idea of it being unbreakable and the remote control. After about a year of use the unit just plain and simply stopped working. I would not buy another.

Rating3
ProsUnbreakable
ConsNot reliable
Would you recommend?no

1 - 7 of 7 Posts