Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tank is 24" deep (125g). ive been noticing that about half way down, the leaves get smaller and smaller on various stem plants. some stems look like they might be starting to turn brown about 3/4 of the way down.
is my light not penetrating? i have 320 watts of T5HO and about 80 watts of t8. the upper parts of plants are pearling, yet if you follow a stem down it begins to not look so good. i dont have any ground cover really besides clover, sag, crypts.
i have also not been able to keep my lotus's short, they race towards the surface with medium sized leaves, not the large ones i have seen from other people.
advice?
thanks..

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Does every T5HO bulb has an individual reflector?

The bulbs over Tex Gal's 125 gal. tank are Giesemann Midday T5HO. They seem to penetrate really well. There is a local guy, stuckintexas on APC, that runs only 2x24 watt of Midday bulbs over an almost 2 ft. tall tank. His plants are gorgeous too. My point is - the bulb itself does matter.
http://picasaweb.google.com/davidphillips33/HexTank#

Also, how long has the tank been running now? Do you add any fertilizers? Do you have enough Mg and Ca?

--Nikolay

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no there is a reflector for every 2 bulbs... i have 4 nova extreme units, with 4 10,000k, 2 6700k and 2 pink "plant bulbs". all the bulbs are stock except the 6700k (i dont remember what brand, bought them at petsmart). they are all less than a year old. i plan on replacing the pink ones. so i'm guessing Giesemann is the way to go? any other decent brands?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts